Beautifully cooked salmon with zucchini, carrot and coriander plus a kick of chilli, all on a bed of steamed jasmine rice.
- 2 x 180 g boneless salmon fillets, skin on
- ½ tsp sea-salt flakes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g salted butter, chopped
- 2 cup steamed jasmine rice to serve
- ½ tsp black sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
- ½ tsp white sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
- 1 bunch coriander to serve
- 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small carrot
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced on diagonal
- ½ fresh red chilli, deseeded, sliced into very thin strips
- 1 tbsp kecap manis (or gluten-free alternative)
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- To make Asian slaw, run a vegetable peeler down zucchini and carrot in a single motion to create ribbons. Cut ribbons lengthways into thin strips and transfer to a large bowl. Alternatively, you can use a julienne peeler or spiraliser. Stir in coriander, shallot, chilli, kecap manis, honey and lime juice. Set aside.
- Pan-fry salmon. Pat fillets dry using a piece of paper towel. Using a sharp knife, make 2 shallow cuts lengthways into skin of each fillet. Sprinkle skin with salt. Put a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When pan is hot, add oil. Add fillets, skin-side down, in a single layer. Cook for 4 minutes or until skin is crisp and fish is cooked to halfway up fillets. Turn fillets over using a fish slice utensil and cook for a further 30 seconds. Add butter and cook for a further 30 seconds or until fish is almost cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside in pan to rest for 2 minutes. (Fish flesh is delicate, and will continue to cook from the residual heat in the hot pan.) Serve fillets drizzled with pan juices and your favourite accompaniment.
- Arrange each salmon fillet on a bed of steamed rice on a serving plate with a little of the Asian slaw. Scatter over sesame seeds and coriander leaves, then serve with lime wedges and remaining Asian slaw on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||171.7 g|
|- Sugars||13.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.6 g|