These bombshell blondies earn their name by being unforgettable. They're wonderfully chewy with a nutty crunch and fruity kick.
- 100 g butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 100 g macadamia nuts, chopped
- 100 g good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup strawberry jam (or your favourite flavour)
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line base and sides of a 22cm square slice tin with baking paper. In a medium saucepan, heat butter and sugar over low heat until melted. Sift together flour and baking powder. Add the sugar mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir in nuts and chocolate.
- In a jug, whisk eggs and vanilla together and fold into mixture. Spoon batter into the prepared tin. Top with dollops of berry jam.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until just firm to touch. Set aside for about 10 minutes before turning out. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||65.9 g|
|- Sugars||45.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|