These dense chocolate and caramel rolls will appease your sweet tooth in a hurry
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 80 g butter, chopped
- 75 g pecans, chopped
- 200 g white chocolate, chopped
- 200 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 60 g chopped Copha
- Extra 100 g pecans, finely chopped
- Line base and sides of a large loaf tin with baking paper. Put condensed milk, sugar and butter in a medium heavy-based saucepan and stir to combine. Cook, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until mixture thickens and becomes a caramel colour.
- Add chopped pecans and stir to combine. Remove pan from heat and stand for 5 minutes. Add white chocolate and stir until melted and combined. Pour mixture into prepared tin and allow to cool slightly. Chill for 1 hour or until mixture is firm.
- Put dark chocolate and Copha in a heatproof bowl and stir over a pan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove fudge from tin and divide mixture into 3 long strips. Set fudge aside to soften for 20 minutes, then roll each strip into a log shape.
- Put extra pecans on a sheet of baking paper. Dip logs into chocolate and spoon over top, making sure logs are completely covered. Roll each log in nuts. Transfer to a wire rack and sit over a tray until set. Cut logs into 1cm-thick slices to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||211.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||650.0 g|
|- Sugars||631.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||33.2 g|