Salted desserts are all the rage right now. Try these chocolate brownies with salted almonds and you'll understand why!
- 1 tbsp melted butter, to grease
- 120 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 120 g butter
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 180 g dark chocolate bits
- 1½ cups smoked almonds, chopped
- ¼ tsp sea-salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 26 x 16 x 5cm slice tin. Line with baking paper. Put cooking chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth; cool slightly.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition until just combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir until just combined. Stir in 100g of the chocolate bits. Pour batter into prepared tin, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate, almonds and salt flakes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool in tin on a wire rack. Using edges of baking paper, lift from tin. Cut into squares and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.3 g|
|- Sugars||26.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|