A light pizza with chicken and ricotta cheese, and plenty of fresh vegies to keep your heart happy.
- 1 ball pizza dough
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 40 g mozzarella, torn into bite-size pieces
- 100 g sweet potato, peeled, sliced very thinly into rounds
- 1 chicken sausage
- 40 g fresh ricotta
- ¼ cup small mint leaves
- ¼ cup small flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup small basil leaves
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup micro herbs
- 12 semi-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- Preheat oven to 240°C. Roll out dough following How To Roll Out Dough on page 31.
- Spread sauce over dough round, leaving a 1cm border.
- Top with mozzarella. Arrange sweet potato on top in a single layer. Squeeze filling from sausage casing in bite-size pieces and scatter over pizza, followed by small dollops of ricotta.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and pizza dough edge is golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine mint, parsley, basil, shallot and micro herbs in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Top pizza with semi-dried tomatoes and a little of the herb mixture. Serve with remaining herb mixture on the side.
Search for our basic pizza dough recipe if you'd like to make your own dough - it's easy!
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||175.1 g|
|- Sugars||25.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||13.0 g|