Moist, crumbling chocolate brownies infused with rich espresso flavour and topped with a layer of cheese cream frosting... It's better than your average mocha.
- 120 g butter plus extra for greasing
- 120 g dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 85 g 70% cocoa chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate baking bits
Chocolate cream cheese frosting
- ½ cup dark cooking chocolate
- 80 g cream cheese
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20 x 20 x 5cm slice tin with greased baking paper. Set aside. Put butter and dark cooking chocolate and 70% chocolate in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until melted. Allow to cool.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition until just combined. Stir in espresso powder and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate bits. Spread batter evenly in prepared tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Set aside to cool in the tin on a wire rack.
- To make chocolate cream cheese frosting, put chocolate in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until melted. Set aside to cool. Put cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and stir, then stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Using edges of baking paper, lift out of tin and cut into squares. Sprinkle with chocolate-covered coffee beans, if desired, and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.1 g|
|- Sugars||19.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|