A crisp toffee shell tops this luscious lemon tart
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ⅔ cup pure cream
- Extra 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 punnet blueberries to garnish
Sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- ½ cup icing sugar mixture
- 100 g unsalted butter, chopped, chilled plus extra for greasing
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin with melted butter. To make sweet shortcrust pastry, put flour, icing sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg and process until a dough ball forms. Shape into a disc and enclose in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Line prepared tin with dough and trim excess as necessary, then, using a fork, prick base several times. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is firm and golden. Cool.
- Put lemon zest, juice, eggs, sugar and cream in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Strain into tart shell. Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is still a little wobbly in centre. Allow to cool completely in tin.
- Sprinkle extra caster sugar over tart. Caramelise sugar using kitchen blowtorch, holding torch 5cm away from tart. Remove tart from tin and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with fresh blueberries and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.9 g|
|- Sugars||39.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|