Serve up equal parts sweet and savoury with this fruit enhanced chicken casserole.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 leek, white part only, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves picked, finely chopped
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, chopped into large pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 8 tinned apricot halves, drained
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 package micro herbs (parsley), to garnish
- 4 cups steamed long-grain rice, to serve
- Melt 1 Tbsp of the butter in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add leek and cook for 3 minutes, then add garlic and thyme, then cook for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt remaining butter and cook chicken for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Return leek mixture to pan, then add stock and nectar. Season with salt and pepper, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and fry apricot halves for 4 minutes or until caramelised.
- Stir parsley through casserole. Spoon into serving bowls and add 2 caramelised apricot halves on each. Garnish with micro parsley, then serve casserole with steamed rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||63.3 g|
|- Sugars||16.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|