Sticky buns are stuffed with marzipan and cherries and served with a dollop of chocolate and jam rippled ice-cream
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150 g raw sugar
- 200 g cream cheese, chopped, softened
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100 g marzipan, grated
- 2 cups frozen cherries, defrosted, drained well, patted dry with paper towel
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 375 g piece frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 200 g 70%-cocoa dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 500 ml vanilla ice-cream
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- ½ cup cherry jam, beaten
- 1 cup good-quality store-bought chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Grease a 12-hole ¹⁄³-cup capacity muffin tin with melted butter. Dust with 50g of the raw sugar.
- Put cream cheese and caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high, using paddle attachment, for 5 minutes or until very light. Add egg, marzipan and cherries, then beat until combined. Stir in coconut.
- Roll out puff pastry to 3mm thick to create a 40cm x 25cm rectangle. Spread with cream cheese mixture. Scatter with chocolate. Starting at 1 long edge, roll up tightly to form a log. Cut into 12 even pieces and put in prepared tin holes, cut side up.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until deep golden. Remove from oven and immediately scatter with remaining raw sugar and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, put ice-cream in a large freezer-safe bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until softened slightly. Stir in coconut essence. Add jam and sauce, then swirl with a spoon to create a marble effect. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Serve buns with scoops of jam-ripple ice-cream.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||25.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||81.1 g|
|- Sugars||59.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.1 g|