Brighten up your afternoon with this sunny lemon and lime cake.
- 1 lemon, skin on, cut into wedges
- 1 lime, skin on, cut into wedges
- 3 eggs
- 1⅓ cups caster sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 200 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature plus extra for greasing
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 lime zested
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 22cm non-stick baba pan with butter.
- Put lemon and lime wedges in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add eggs, sugar, flour, coconut and extra butter, then process until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine icing sugar and extra lemon and lime zest and juice in a small bowl until smooth. Spoon icing over cooled cake and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.4 g|
|- Sugars||33.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|