A classic Vietnamese street food snack that's easy to recreate at home
- 500 g pork mince
- 4 eschalots, very finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cm piece ginger, grated
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves, very thinly sliced
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 6 lemongrass stalks, halved crossways
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup chilli sauce
- Juice of 3 limes
- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- Combine mince, eschalot, garlic, ginger, lime leaf, sugar and fish sauce in a large bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is sticky, then divide into 12 equal portions. Form around 1 end of each lemongrass half, leaving a little of the stalk free. Transfer to a plate. Cover and put in fridge for 1 hour.
- Combine hoi sin sauce, chilli sauce and lime juice in a small saucepan and put over a medium heat. Simmer for 4 minutes, then set aside to cool slightly. Preheat grill or barbecue grill to high. Spray pork with cooking oil, then grill, turning regularly, for 8 minutes or until well browned and cooked through. Serve pork skewers with dipping sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.5 g|
|- Sugars||4.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|