Enjoy the flavour sensations of this fresh Thai salad - ready in less than 20 minutes
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 150 g piece lean rump steak, trimmed of fat
- 50 g dried rice stick noodles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, diagonally sliced
- 125 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 2cm-long thin strips
- 25 g (1 cup) mixed salad leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Zest and freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp chopped red chilli
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add beef and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 1½ minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- To make dressing, put coconut oil, lime zest and juice, mirin, chilli and garlic in same warm frying pan. Stir until oil melts. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, put noodles in a small saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cut noodles into 5cm lengths.
- Put cucumber, tomato, capsicum, salad leaves and mint in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Diagonally slice steak across the grain and add to salad with noodles and dressing. Toss to combine. Divide salad between shallow serving bowls and serve. ■
PER SERVE 1110kJ,
total fat 7.9g
(sat. fat 5.1g),
carbs 25g, fibre 4.6g,
Carb exchanges 12⁄3.
GI estimate low.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.9 g|
|- Sugars||6.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|