A fancified chocolate mousse for two. Perfect for a delightful ending to date night dinner!
- 80 g dark chocolate
- ⅔ cup thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 eggwhite
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 package chocolate shavings to decorate
- 1 package mixed fresh berries to serve
- 1 package shortcrust pastry sheet
- 1 beaten eggwhite
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- Melt 80g dark chocolate and cool for 15 min. Whip ⅔ cup thickened cream until soft peaks form, fold through 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract. Fold half the cream through chocolate. Cover leftover cream and chill.
- Beat 1 eggwhite with 1 tablespoon caster sugar until thick. Fold through chocolate mix and spoon into serving glasses. Chill for 2 hr. Spoon reserved cream over mousse. Top with chocolate shaves and serve with Pastry Hearts and berries, if desired.
- Cut hearts from a sheet of ready-rolled shortcrust pastry. Place onto baking tray. Brush with beaten eggwhite and sprinkle with almond meal and raw sugar. Bake at 200°C (180°C fan forced) for 8-10 min.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||97.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||312.4 g|
|- Sugars||160.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||33.4 g|