Liven up your scones with these tropical mango flavoured scones, topped with homemade mango jam.
- 2½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- ½ cup light cream
- ½ cup milk
- 400 g can mango cheeks drained and lightly mashed
- 1 kg frozen diced mango
- 1 quartered and finely sliced lime
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease and line a large baking tray. Place flour, icing sugar and coconut into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the cream, milk and mango. Mix with a spatula until mixture comes together.
- Remove from bowl, bring together and pat out on a lightly floured surface to about 2cm thick. Cut into 5cm rounds with a floured cutter.
- Place onto baking tray and brush with milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired. Bake for 12-15 min or until firm and golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream and Mango Jam.
- Combine 1kg frozen diced mango in a pan with 1 quartered and finely sliced lime. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 min until mango is heated through. Add 1⅓ cups sugar and stir until dissolved. Simmer for 45-50 min, stirring often, until jam sets when tested.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||55.7 g|
|- Sugars||36.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|