Perfect prosciutto and Parmesan pastries packed with plenty of pleasantries!
- 2 ready-rolled reduced-fat puff pastry sheets, lightly thawed
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 prosciutto slices
- 1 egg lightly beaten with a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Lightly grease two flat baking trays with cooking spray. Lay pastry sheets flat and cut each into nine squares. Cut each square in half diagonally, giving you 18 triangles per sheet.
- Sprinkle cheese over each pastry sheet and use a rolling pin or clean hands to press the cheese into the pastry. Cut the prosciutto into 18 strips.
- Lay one pastry triangle on the bench with a point facing away from you, top with a prosciutto strip and another triangle with the points out of alignment. Roll up from the longest edge.
- Place onto the prepared tray, curving ends slightly. Cover and chill at this stage if desired. To bake, brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with cumin seeds and sea salt flakes. Bake for 10-15 min until golden brown. Serve warm with mint sauce or jelly.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.1 g|
|- Sugars||0.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|