In need of a succulent entree for your next dinner party? Look no further. BBQ chicken rissoles are the perfect starter.
- 185 g shortcut bacon, diced
- 500 g lean chicken mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 container fresh herbs (or garlic, or chilli) to serve (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, adding the garlic, chilli or fresh herbs to taste. Cover, chill for 1 hr.
- Shape the mixture into 12 patties. Cook patties on a preheated flat barbecue plate for 8-10 min, turning often. Serve with rice salad, bread rolls and mayonnaise.
These rissoles are super quick to prepare. I make them when I visit my niece. She has three kids and it gives her a night off from cooking. The kids love them!
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||7.0 g|
|- Sugars||1.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|