Dig into a cheesy sausage roll, baked to perfection and ready to dip into barbecue or tomato sauce.
- 500 g pork and veal mince
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan seasoning plus extra for seasoning
- 1 cup finely grated low-fat tasty cheese
- 4 puff pastry sheets cut into strips
- 1 jar barbecue sauce or tomato relish to serve
- Combine 500g pork and veal mince with 1 beaten egg, 1 tablespoon Tuscan seasoning and 1 cup finely grated low-fat tasty cheese. Cut 2 sheets of ready-rolled puff pastry in half. Divide the filling mix into 4 portions and place mixture along the long edge of each pastry strip. Brush edges with beaten egg and roll the pastry over to enclose. Cut each into 4 portions.
- Transfer to greased baking trays and brush with beaten egg, then sprinkle with a little extra Tuscan seasoning. Bake at 200°C (180°C fan forced) for 20-25 min and serve with tomato relish or barbecue sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.1 g|
|- Sugars||6.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|