An Asian fried rice with vibrant colours that's perfect for the entire family.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 500 g packet frozen peas and sweetcorn with capsicum
- 2 beaten eggs
- 100 g sliced shaved ham
- ¼ cup soy sauce (or gluten-free alternative)
- 1 package baby cos lettuce
- 1 package shredded spring onions
- Cook 2 cups jasmine rice by the absorption method and spread onto a tray to cool. Chill 30 min. Microwave 500g packet of frozen peas, corn and capsicum. Set aside.
- Spray wok or large frying pan with a little oil, heat over a medium-high heat. Add 2 beaten eggs and cook gently, stirring until cooked. Remove, roughly chop or shred the eggs then set aside. Spray wok with a little extra oil and cook 100g sliced shaved ham for 30 sec.
- Add rice, vegetables and egg. Toss gently to heat through. Season with soy sauce. Serve in baby cos lettuce cups and garnish with shredded spring/green onions. Accompany with sweet chilli or soy sauce if desired.
For a flavour boost, why not add some sliced mushrooms and zucchini, or top with baked ricotta cheese?
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||84.2 g|
|- Sugars||5.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.0 g|