If you've got left over rice you've got a satisfying meal that comes together in just minutes. This fried rice is a real crowd-pleaser
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced or coarsely grated
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup chopped ham or bacon
- 1 small piece broccoli, chopped and blanched
- 6- 8 cups cooked cooled white rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or gluten-free alternative)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Heat a large wok or frying pan over low heat. Spray with olive oil. Add eggs and cook for 1-2 min or until set. Turn and cook. Roll up and set aside.
- Heat pan to medium and add 2 teaspoons peanut oil. Sauté the onion, garlic and carrot for 2 min. Add peas, ham or bacon and chopped broccoli, then cook for 2 min. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Increase the heat and pour a little more oil into the pan. Add the rice and soy sauce, toss to combine and cook until warmed through. Add the cooked vegetables and ham and toss to combine. Add sesame seeds and oil. Toss to combine. Slice egg, place over the top of the rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||206.5 g|
|- Sugars||1.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|