Fiber-packed brown rice and vitamin-rich broccoli cakes taste as good as they are good for you.
- 2½ cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups small broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 spring/green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line 12 holes of a standard-size muffin pan (⅓-cup capacity) with paper cases or spray with canola oil.
- Place rice, broccoli, garlic, spring/green onions, eggs and ¾ cup grated cheese into a bowl. Season with pepper and mix well.
- Divide mixture among muffin holes, pressing down lightly. Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese and bake for 25 min or until lightly browned. Serve with sweet chilli sauce and a healthy salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.8 g|
|- Sugars||0.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|