This gorgeous frozen dessert is super simple and simply stunning
- 500 g packet frozen mixed berries, thawed
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup raspberry or blackcurrant fruit syrup
- 1 L mango sorbet, softened
- 3 cups raspberry ripple ice cream, softened
- Puree berries, sugar and syrup in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a sieve to remove seeds and discard. Freeze for 30 min or until slightly thickened, then stir until smooth.
- Grease a 12 x 22cm loaf pan with cooking spray and line with plastic wrap, leaving a 5cm overhang. Dollop in spoonfuls of sorbet and ice-cream, filling holes with half the berry puree. Press down with the back of a spoon to fill any air spaces. Smooth top, cover with plastic overhang and freeze for 4-5 hr or until firm.
- To serve, run mould briefly under warm running water then turn out onto a plate. Remove plastic wrap and cut into 1.5cm-thick slices. Serve with remaining berry puree and garnish with fresh berries and mango slices if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||49.7 g|
|- Sugars||49.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|