When it comes to summer, a fruit-favourite-dessert always goes down a treat. Enjoy the sweet and tangy raspberry taste with this delectable buttermilk cake.
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 125 g punnet fresh raspberries
- Icing sugar mixture, to dust
- raspberry yoghurt to serve
- Grease a 20cm x 7cm deep ring cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined.
- Stir in flour with buttermilk until combined. Gently stir in raspberries until just combined. Spoon into pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve cake warm or cold, dusted with sifted icing sugar and yoghurt.
This cake can be made up to two days ahead. Store in an airtight container. If you prefer, serve with whipped or dollop cream.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.4 g|
|- Sugars||22.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|