Fluffy golden pancakes held together by the smooth and milky Nutella spread
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking oil spray, for greasing
- ⅔ cup Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
- whipped cream to serve
- chopped roasted hazelnuts to serve
- Sift flour, sugar and soda into a large bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk and eggs in a medium jug. Gradually whisk into flour mixture until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray with oil. Pour 2 tblsps of the batter into pan. Spread to form a 10cm circle. Repeat to make another three pancakes. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles begin to appear on surface. Turn and cook for about 1 minute, or until browned underneath. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat to make 16 pancakes.
- Make stacks of four pancakes spreading each layer with 2 tsps of Nutella. Top with remaining Nutella then whipped cream. Decorate with chopped hazelnuts.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.3 g|
|- Sugars||11.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|