Succulent roasted pork with a spicy salad of pineapple, ginger and mint
- 4 x 200 g pork cutlets
- ¼ cup laksa paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
Chilli pineapple salad
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 x 300 g tubs chopped fresh pineapple (or ½ small pineapple, chopped)
- ⅓ cup finely shredded fresh mint
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp chilli paste, mild
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- To make chilli pineapple salad, cut cucumbers in half lengthways. Using a teaspoon, scoop out seeds. Cut into thin slices. Combine with pineapple and mint in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar, sauce, sugar, chilli and ginger in a small jug. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad. Toss to coat.
- Combine pork with paste in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil.
- Heat an oiled grill plate over a medium heat. Cook pork for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Serve pork cutlets with salad. Garnish with mint leaves.
Buying chopped pineapple, laksa paste and packaged ginger and chilli saves time! If you like, replace cutlets with a pork fillet. Cook, rolling fillet onto each side, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.2 g|
|- Sugars||14.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|