Crispy fried chicken pieces tossed into spicy curried noodles
- 200 g packet Thai rice noodles
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large chicken breast fillet (300 g), thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large carrot (185 g), cut into thin matchsticks
- 1½ tbsp hot curry powder
- 1 chicken stock cube
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 green spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Extra sliced green spring onions, to garnish
- Extra soy sauce, to serve
- Cook noodles according to directions. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add chicken. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until cooked. Remove.
- Heat another 2 tsp of the oil in wok. Add eggs. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, or until scrambled. Remove. Heat remaining oil in wok. Add carrot. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add noodles and curry powder. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add stock cube dissolved in water, chicken, egg, sauce and onions. Stir-fry until hot.
- Garnish with extra onions. Serve with extra soy sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.0 g|
|- Sugars||3.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|