Seasoned with a spiced salt, this avocado and prawn salad is zesty and fresh.
- 24 raw peeled and deveined prawns, tails intact
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, seeded, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 green spring onions, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime rind
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 baby cos lettuce, separated, washed, torn
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Himalayan pink salt flakes
- To make spiced salt, lightly crush seeds and chilli flakes in a mortar and pestle.
- Add to a dry, large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in salt.
- Toss prawns in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons spiced salt.
- Heat oil in same frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add prawns in two batches. Cook, turning once, for about 4 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a large bowl. Add avocado, tomato, onions with combined rind, juice and oil. Gently toss to combine.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter. Top with prawn mixture.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||5.2 g|
|- Sugars||1.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.2 g|