Melting chocolate hazelnut spread on golden toasted English muffins with banana pieces and a dollop of thickened cream
- ¾ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 4 English muffins, split in half
- 4 small bananas, sliced
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- Chopped toasted hazelnuts, to decorate
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Spread ¼ cup of the spread over cut sides of muffins. Arrange two sliced bananas over the four muffin bases. Replace muffin tops, spread-side down, over bananas.
- Cook in a heated sandwich press for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- To make sauce, place cream and remaining ½ cup spread in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until hot.
- Arrange remaining bananas and nuts over toasted muffins. Pour over sauce. Serve with ice-cream.
If you don’t have a sandwich press, cook muffins in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||21.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||71.4 g|
|- Sugars||39.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.3 g|