This onion and thyme seasoned potato bake is vegan and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
- Cooking oil spray
- 1½ kg desiree potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ⅔ cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh thyme leaves, to garnish
- Spray a rectangular ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity) with oil.
- Arrange one-third of the potatoes over base of prepared dish. Scatter half the onion and thyme on top of potatoes. Arrange another one-third of the potatoes on top. Sprinkle with remaining onion and thyme, then top with remaining potato slices.
- Pour stock over potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, then cover tightly with foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Drizzle over oil and cook for a further 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Season.
- Garnish potatoes with thyme leaves to serve.
If you prefer, sprinkle vegan cheese over potatoes before cooking. The thyme can be replaced with fresh rosemary or sage.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.3 g|
|- Sugars||2.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|