Raid the fridge and add a punch of Indonesian spice to have this speedy fried rice on the table in under 30 minutes
- 6 green spring onions, trimmed
- 2 tblsps vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 500 g pork mince
- 450 g packet microwave long-grain white rice
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ wombok cabbage (465 g), trimmed, finely shredded
- 50 g sachet Spice Paste for Indonesian Nasi Goreng
- ¼ cup water
- Finely chop white part of spring onions. Thinly slice dark green part. Reserve.
- Heat 2 tsps of the oil in a large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add eggs. Swirl to coat base of wok. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until just cooked. Transfer to a chopping board. Roll up. Thinly slice.
- Heat remaining oil in same hot wok. Add pork in two batches. Stir-fry for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked. Return pork to wok with rice, carrot, cabbage, paste, water and finely chopped onion. Stir-fry for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until cabbage is softened and rice is hot.
- Serve rice topped with egg. Garnish with reserved green spring onions.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39.3 g|
|- Sugars||5.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.5 g|