Using bought hoisin sauce makes this chicken stir-fry easy and fast. You can substitute any quick-cooking vegetable for a delicious vegetarian option
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Cut chicken into thin strips. Toss in a bowl with half the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large wok over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Remove.
- Add remaining oil to hot wok with carrots, peas and capsicum. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Return chicken with sauce. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, or until sauce is boiling. Stir in onions.
- Serve with steamed rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.1 g|
|- Sugars||5.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|