Why not make the most of the Aussie kiwi season and whip up this delicious kiwi tart for a tarty teatime treat?
- 500 g shortcrust pastry
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 250 g mascarpone
- 2 limes, zested, plus more to finish
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 200 ml thickened cream
- 5 ripe kiwis – 1 cored and finely chopped, 4 peeled and cut into wedges
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a deep, 22cm tart tin. Cover with baking paper and dried beans or baking beans, and bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry looks set (lift up the paper and check).
- Lift out the paper and beans, and bake the case for about 10 minutes more, until it is cooked through, dry and golden.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Brush it all over the base and sides of the tart. Chill the tart base in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Tip the mascarpone into a bowl and whisk it briefly, add the lime zest and icing sugar, and whisk again. Whip the cream to soft peaks, then fold it into the mascarpone. Fold in the chopped kiwi.
- Spoon the mixture into the chilled tart case and smooth the surface. Arrange the rest of the kiwi in a pattern on top and sprinkle over more lime zest. Chill to firm it up a little before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.2 g|
|- Sugars||12.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|