Sweet pomegranate flavours sizzling roasted duck in this special dinner for two.
- 2 duck legs
- 75 g burghul wheat
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 vine tomatoes, cut into small dice
- ¼ cucumber, cut into small dice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- olive oil, for cooking
- ½ small bunch mint, chopped
- ½ small bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C. Put the duck in a roasting tray or baking dish, sprinkle with sea salt and roast for 1 hour – pour off any excess fat whilst cooking.
- Meanwhile, put the bulgar wheat in a bowl, pour over boiling water and leave for 20 minutes. Drain really well and leave to cool.
- Put the onion, radish, tomato, cucumber, lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil in a bowl. Season well and mix, then stir in the bulgar wheat and the herbs.
- After the duck has been cooking for an hour, spoon the molasses over it and give it another 10 minutes in the oven. Rest for 5 minutes and serve with the salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.8 g|
|- Sugars||18.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.1 g|