This kale Waldorf salad with buttermilk dressing is a clever update on a classic. With plenty of crunch and a tangy dressing, it's a great side dish or light entree.
- 200 g curly kale
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 celery stalks, peeled with a potato peeler and cut into diagonal pieces
- 2 red apples, cut into thin wedges
- 150 g seedless green grapes, halved
- 50 g pecans, toasted
- 125 ml buttermilk
- 3 tbsp Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Strip the leaves from the kale and discard any tough stalks. Wash really well then dry in a clean tea towel or with kitchen roll. Put the kale in a bowl with the lemon juice and 1 tsp sea salt. Using your hands, rub the lemon and salt into the leaves (this will help tenderise the kale).
- Add the celery, apples and grapes and toss it all together, then leave for 10 minutes while you prep all the other ingredients.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and season. Add to the kale bowl and toss again. Pile the salad onto a platter, top with the pecans and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.1 g|
|- Sugars||9.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|