Being gluten-free doesn't mean you should miss out on pancakes. This recipe for cinnamon buckwheat pancakes piled with fruit will start your day off right!
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g buckwheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- cooking oil spray
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup
- Whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla together in a jug. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and add the baking powder and cinnamon. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk. Add a pinch of salt and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Heat a spray of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Add a large spoonful of batter to the pan and make a pancake. Once golden, flip the pancake over. Repeat with the remaining batter. Separate with baking paper and keep warm.
- Put the pancakes onto plates, top with the fruit, 1 tbsp yoghurt and a drizzle of syrup.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||52.8 g|
|- Sugars||20.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.6 g|