Delicious puff pastry parcels to make a speedy pie. These fruit-filled slices are packed with plums and marzipan.
- 350 g blood plums, halved and stoned
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 400 g puff pastry
- 100 g white marzipan
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 1 egg, beaten
- Put the plums in a pan with the sugar and a splash of water and simmer until the fruit breaks down a little, then cool.
- Halve the pastry, roll one piece out to approx 16 × 20cm and lift it onto a baking sheet. Roll the marzipan out and lay it in the centre of the pastry, leaving a gap around the edge. Spoon plums on top and sprinkle over the almond meal. Brush around the edge of the pastry with egg, then roll out the second piece of pastry and put on top. Seal the edges, press them down, then trim the excess. Use a sharp knife to slash the top of the pastry in 2 or 3 places. Brush the top with egg and chill the slice for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C. Bake the slice for 30-40 minutes or until the pastry is risen and golden and the plums begin to bubble through the slashes. Cool a little before slicing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||55.0 g|
|- Sugars||26.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|