Delicious Thai flaours of lime, coconut, lemon grass and curry paste makes this a delicious meal.
- 8 whole chicken thighs (skin and bone on)
- 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 400 g tin coconut milk
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bashed
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- cooked basmati rice, to serve
- 1 small ridged cucumber, cut into wedges
- 1 handful coriander leaves only, for garnish
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Heat a shallow ovenproof, non-stick pan, then add the chicken thighs, skin-side down. Cook for 10-15 minutes on a medium heat. The idea isn’t to cook the chicken through but to render out some of the fat from under the chicken skin so it doesn’t all end up in the curry.
- Remove the thighs from the pan, then pour out all but 1 tbsp of the fat. Add the curry paste and a splash of coconut milk and stir everything, cooking for a few minutes. Stir in the rest of the coconut milk and the stock, and bring it to a simmer. Stir in the lemongrass and lime leaves then sit the thighs, skin-side up, in the pan and put the pan in the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden and the sauce is reduced. Stir in the fish sauce and lime juice and serve with the garnish and basmati rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||27.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.1 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|