A light and quick spring chicken and vegetable stew that can be whipped up in less than an hour
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin pulled off and discarded
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 5 spring onions, sliced, white and green parts kept separate
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 large carrots, cut into batons
- 400 g chat potatoes, halved if large
- 200 g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 small pack soft herbs (like parsley)
- Put the kettle on. Fry the thighs in the oil in a flameproof casserole dish or wide pan with a lid to quickly brown. Stir in the whites of the spring onion with the flour, crumble in the stock cubes and stir for 1-2 mins. Gradually stir in 750ml hot water from the kettle. Throw in the carrots and potatoes, bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Take off the lid and simmer for 15 mins more, then throw in the peas for another 5 mins. Season, stir in the mustard, green spring onion bits, herbs and some seasoning.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.4 g|
|- Sugars||5.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.8 g|