Delicious chicken patties with noodles.
- 250 g thin rice noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 handful each dill, mint, coriander and Asian basil (optional)
- sliced shallot and chopped roasted peanuts, to serve
FOR THE PATTIES
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 small shallots
- 2 stalks lemongrass, lower third crushed, inner heart finely chopped
- 400 g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oil, for brushing
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tbsp palm or caster sugar
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 125 ml lime juice
- First, make the patties. In a food processor, blend the garlic, shallots and lemongrass until fine. Pour into a bowl and add the chicken thighs, 1 tbsp of the sugar, the fish sauce and a good amount of ground black pepper. Mix together well and divide into 18 patties. Roll and flatten, then place on a large baking tray. Brush with oil.
- Heat the grill. In a small saucepan, melt the remaining sugar with 1 tbsp water, then remove from the heat. Grill the patties for 2 mins on one side until golden, then flip them over. Brush with the sugar-water mix and grill for 2 more mins or until golden and crisp. Remove and brush with more of the water. Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining all the ingredients with 2 tbsp hot water in a small bowl.
- Soak the noodles following pack instructions until al dente, about 3-5 mins, then drain. Use scissors to cut into shorter pieces, then divide between 4 bowls. Top with the chicken patties, the herbs, carrots and a sprinkling of shallots and peanuts. Serve with the lime ginger dressing to pour over.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.8 g|
|- Sugars||21.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|