You wouldn’t think of eating noodles on top of rice, but these clear noodles are made from mung beans. This healthy Japanese classic is quick to throw together and truly comforting.
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 100 ml mirin
- 100 ml sake
- 200 ml vegetable or dashi stock
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 onions, cut into half moons
- 400 g beef rump steak, fat removed, thinly sliced
- 100 g glass vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup sushi rice, steamed
- 75 g pickled pink ginger
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- shichimi togarashi chilli powder (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring the soy, mirin, sake, vegetable stock and sugar to the boil. Let simmer for a few mins, then add the onions. Cook for 10 mins until brown. Add the steak and simmer for 5 mins on a medium heat.
- Rinse the noodles and drain. Add to the meat and broth, and cook for 5 mins. Serve with rice, pickled ginger, spring onions and a little chili powder, if you like.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||87.6 g|
|- Sugars||22.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|