Transform fresh basil into a tangy sauce with Parmesan, garlic, lemon and pine nuts. Keep a jar in the fridge to give sandwiches and pasta and instant lift.
- 150 g basil leaves
- 50 g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- zest ½ lemon and a good few squeezes of juice
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Put the basil in the small bowl of a food processor, along with the Parmesan, garlic, lemon zest and pine nuts. Blitz to a rough paste. Season, and with the motor running slowly, add almost all the oil. Taste, season and add a few good squeezes of lemon juice. Transfer the pesto to a clean jar and top with the remaining oil. Will keep for two weeks.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||31.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.2 g|
|- Sugars||2.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.5 g|