Mix lamb mince and soft cheese to make juicy patties, then pan-fry and pile into buns with a tzatziki-style sauce topped with caramelised onions.
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tsp to serve
- 4 small onions, 2 halved and finely sliced, 2 grated
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- 300 g lamb mince
- 2 ¼ tbsp ricotta
- 4 ½ tbsp Greek-style yoghurt
- ½ small pack mint leaves, finely chopped
- 4 seeded buns (or gluten-free alternative), split in half
- 1- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Tip in the sliced onions and cumin seeds, plus seasoning. Cook gently for 20 mins until golden and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander and pour over a kettle or two of boiling water to wilt. Squeeze the spinach as dry as possible, chop roughly and put in a large bowl. Add the mince, grated onion, ricotta and seasoning. Mix thoroughly, then shape into 4 burgers. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the burgers for 8-9 mins each side, or until cooked through.
- Mix the yoghurt, mint and seasoning in a bowl. Spread a little onto each bun, add the tomatoes and burgers, and put the onions on top. Add an extra dollop of yoghurt and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.0 g|
|- Sugars||8.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|