Salty capers, olives, herbs, tomato and chicken simmered to cook into a one pot wonder. Great family dinner dish or with a glass of red at a dinner party.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 8 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large rosemary sprig, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 100 g pitted green and black olives with herbs
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish on a medium heat, add the onion and cook for a few mins. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Turn up the heat, add the chicken and cook for a few mins each side until golden.
- Return the onion and garlic to the pan with the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked through, juicy and tender, and the sauce is rich and thickened. Serve with rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.0 g|
|- Sugars||14.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|