Who doesn't love succulent slow cooked pork, full of flavour? Finger licking goodness! A recipe your friends will rave on about.
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 limes juice and zest, plus 1 cut into wedges
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 5 soft corn tortillas
- 450 g pack pulled pork (find ready-cooked pulled pork with the deli meats, or cook at the weekend and save for during the week)
- 2 × 400 g cans kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and diced
- 325 g can sweetcorn, drained
- 6 tbsp salsa from a jar (hot or mild) handful coriander, roughly chopped, plus a few leaves to serve
- 3 little gem lettuces, cut into wedges
- soured cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan. Put the onion in a wide bowl, pour over the juice of 1 lime and add a good pinch of salt and the sugar. Mix well, then set aside to pickle, tossing every now and then.
- Stack the tortillas and cut into wedges, then arrange in a single layer on a baking tray or 2. Bake for 8 mins or until crisp.
- Put the pork and beans in a heatproof bowl, mix well, cover with cling film and microwave on High for 4 mins until hot.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining lime juice and zest in a large bowl. Toss the avocados in the juice, then add the sweetcorn, salsa and coriander. Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- To serve, put a handful of tortilla crisps on each plate along with a couple of lettuce wedges. Top with the pork & bean mixture, sweetcorn salsa, pickled red onions, a few coriander leaves and soured cream.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.8 g|
|- Sugars||21.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||14.9 g|