A quick and healthy vegetarian breakfast with a light cream cheese sauce.
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1½ tbsp light cream cheese
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 handfuls sliced, small flat mushrooms
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- ¼ tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- 150 ml orange juice, freshly squeezed or from a carton
- Toast the bread, then spread with a little of the cheese (don’t use butter).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook the mushrooms, stirring frequently, until softened. Spoon in the milk, remaining cheese and the mustard. Stir well until coated. Tip onto the toast, top with chives and serve with the juice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39.0 g|
|- Sugars||23.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.7 g|