You can increase this to three portions per person by adding more salad leaves (the equivalent of a small bowl each).
- 2 red-skinned apples, unpeeled, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional)
- 1 handful mixed salad leaves
- 6 cooked baby beetroots
- 100 g smoked mackerel, flaked
- 150 g pot fat-free plain probiotic yoghurt
- 2 tsp hot horseradish sauce
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- a few dill sprigs
- If not eating straight away, toss the apple in a little lemon juice to prevent it going brown. Pile the salad leaves onto plates and top with the apple and beets.
- Mix the mackerel with the yoghurt and horseradish sauce to make an almost mousse-like consistency. Spoon onto the salad and scatter with the seeds and dill.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.0 g|
|- Sugars||29.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.6 g|