A colorful vegetarian starter bursting with contrasting flavours and textures.
- 100 g pecans
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 red-skinned pears, cut into long, thin strips (use a spiralizer, or julienne them)
- 100 g rocket
- 4 x 35 g rounds of goat's cheese
For the dressing
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan and put the pecans on a non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle over the sugar and maple syrup, and toss to combine. Roast for 5-7 mins until golden, then leave to cool completely before roughly chopping.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the ingredients and seasoning well. In a large bowl, combine the pear with the rocket, and toss with a little of the dressing.
- Just before serving, blowtorch or grill the goat’s cheese rounds until golden. To serve, put the remaining dressing in a squeezy bottle and swirl around the edge of the plate. Put the pear and rocket salad in the middle, scatter over the nuts and top with the goat’s cheese.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.1 g|
|- Sugars||21.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.1 g|