This cannelloni is great when entertaining vegetarians.
- 420 g jar tomato pasta sauce
- ½ cup water
- 8 fresh lasagne sheets
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- 1 bunch English spinach (150 g), leaves picked, washed
- 500 g fresh ricotta
- 1½ cups grated parmesan
- 400 g can lentils, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 green spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make filling, place spinach in a colander. Pour over boiling water until wilted. Rinse under cold water. Squeeze to remove excess water. Chop. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in three-quarters of the ricotta, 1 cup of the parmesan and remaining ingredients.
- Combine sauce with water. Spread ½ cup of the mixture over base of an ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity).
- Spoon filling evenly down one long side of each pasta sheet. Roll up to enclose. Place, seam-side down, and side by side, in dish. Spoon over remaining sauce mixture. Dot with remaining ricotta. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Cover tightly with foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Cook for a further 30 minutes, or until golden and tender. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve cannelloni with rocket.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||69.5 g|
|- Sugars||7.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||33.6 g|