Delicious afternoon tea snack served nicely with tea or coffee.
- 125 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups plain flour
- ¾ cup raspberry jam
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- Lightly grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Stir in flour until mixed. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook base in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Spread jam over base. Spread topping over jam.
- Return slice to same moderate oven. Cook for a further 25 minutes, or until top is lightly golden. Allow slice to cool completely in pan.
- Lift slice from pan, cut into squares to serve.
This slice will keep for up to five days in an airtight container.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||26.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||43.9 g|
|- Sugars||28.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.2 g|