Try something different when it comes to Christmas pudding this year! Creamy dark chocolate sauce with crunchy nougat and fruit cake ice-cream.
- 2 litre tub vanilla ice-cream
- 2 x 60 g bars soft almond nougat, chopped
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 cups crumbled fruitcake (500 g)
- Extra chopped soft almond nougat, to decorate
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- 100 g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- Grease and line a metal pudding steamer (8-cup capacity) with two layers of plastic wrap, allowing wrap to over hang edge by 12cm.
- Slightly soften ice-cream in a large bowl at room temperature. Beat ice-cream with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in nougat and almonds.
- Working quickly, spoon 1 cup nougat ice-cream over base of prepared pan. Smooth top. Sprinkle over 1 cup fruitcake.
- Repeat layering with 1½ cups nougat ice-cream, 1 cup fruitcake, remaining 2½ cups nougat ice-cream and 2 cups fruitcake. Cover with overhanging plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- To make chocolate sauce, combine cream and chocolate in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir until smooth. Transfer to a medium jug. Cool.
- Uncover ice-cream and turn out onto a serving plate. Remove plastic wrap. Decorate with extra nougat. Top with a little chocolate sauce. Serve remaining chocolate sauce separately.
This pudding is great at Christmas for ice-cream lovers. It's also great because it has to be frozen overnight, meaning all the work is done the day before!
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||41.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||152.9 g|
|- Sugars||118.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.2 g|