This recipe is a great vegetarian meal base that leaves room for chicken to be added if a meatier dish is desired!
- 450 g packet fresh thin hokkien noodles
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp chilli paste (mild)
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriander
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir with a fork to separate. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine sauces, wine and honey in a small jug. Mix well.
- Cut florets from broccolini and thinly slice stems diagonally.
- Heat oil in a wok over a high heat. Add garlic, chilli, carrots and broccolini stems. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add broccolini florets and capsicum. Stir-fry for a further 1 minute. Stir in sauce mixture. Bring to boil.
- Add noodles. Gently stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until hot. Stir in coriander.
- Serve stir-fry topped with cashews.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||62.1 g|
|- Sugars||16.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|